INDUSTRIAL PRODUCT DESIGN
The Industrial Product Design study program is an exciting major because it will always meet and cooperate with other fields of science to create many new inventions which are needed by society. Therefore, the Industrial Product Design study program that has been established since 1993 dominantly concentrates on developing its students’ passions for things they like. Starting from those passions, the students who join this major will be led to see the opportunity to create product designs that have worthiness from industrial and economical points of view. The Industrial Product Design study program in Itenas is an interesting field for creative people because it has a very wide scope. For those who love to produce creativity, this field will suit them. Industrial Product Design is commonly called Product Design or Industrial Design in the international language. Generally, the scope of Industrial Product Design is started with the things that people use, such as jewelry, watches, glasses, and shoes to the things around them, such as faucets, plates, spoons, chairs, closets, and vehicles (cars, trains, or planes). An industrial product designer certainly is not obliged to master all of them. Basically, he/she can choose what commodity he/she will concentrate on: whether he wants to be a shoe designer, car designer, or jewelry designer.
THE VISION OF THE PRODUCT DESIGN STUDY PROGRAM OF ITENAS 2015-2020
“To become a well-known study program in industrial product design which prioritizes the quality of design science, professionalism integrity, entrepreneurship, and high innovation, which all of them actively play their roles in strengthening the competitive power and intensive development in the global and national scope.”
THE MISSIONS OF THE PRODUCT DESIGN STUDY PROGRAM OF ITENAS
1. Conducting educational activities in product design which focuses on current product design problem-solving, which is integrated to research and community service activities.
2. Developing research in the product design field through social-cultural and social-economic studies based on Indonesian cultural values.
3. Reinforcing the roles of the lecturers and students in community service activities which are synergic with the development of product design science and the appliance of research results for the benefit of Indonesian society.
4. Developing the potential of entrepreneurship in the product design field to build intensive prosperity.
5. Conducting good cooperation with the public, industrial parties, professional associations, government, and other universities which gives advantages for both parties in the product design field.
Based on the preferences of the alumni who have graduated from Industrial Product Design of Itenas since 1993, the study program offers 5 concentrations in the fields of:
– Craft: The industrial product designs that are related to craft products that are specifically started from potential owned by a material.
– Shoes and fashion: The industrial product designs from commodities that are included in the groups of shoes or the product that people wear, such as bags, wallets, purses, and jewelry.
– Vehicle and styling: The products that are grouped into vehicle types and the products that are produced by manufacturing industries.
– Furniture: The products which function to meet public necessities to sitting facilities and storages.
– Business and creative industries: The concentration which gives students the knowledge to be an entrepreneur in the design field.
The profiles of graduates intended by the Product Design study program of Itenas are:
– As a junior designer in the manufacturing industry. In this case, he is a person who is committed to an organizational structure in a company that provides design services or certain useable products. He is also responsible for the procedural steps of commodity design that are manufactured by the company he joins.
– As a junior designer in a company that provides design consultant services. He is a person who has basic design knowledge and is capable of giving design service independently and professionally to the clients/consumers based on the agreement which has been agreed.
– As a young entrepreneur in design. He is a person who has sensitivity and ability in managing a company organization that produces commodities in the form of products that are developed through the creative process as its business objects.
Shape Drawing I
Constructive Drawing I
Basic 2D Imagery I
Basic 3D Imagery I
Shape Drawing II
Constructive Drawing II
Basic 2D Imagery II
Basic 3D Imagery II
Archipelagic Culture Insight
Design Project I
Production Materials and Technology I
History of Design
Production Drawing Method
Design Project II
Production Materials and Technology II
Product Prototype Techniques
Design Project III
Elective 1: Footwear & Fashion Design I
Elective 1: Product Design Photography
Design Project IV
Design and Socio-Culture
Elective 2: Craft Design
Elective 2: Vehicle & Styling Design
Desain & Lingkungan Hidup
Design Project V
Final Project Colloquium
Design for Society
Elective 3: Furniture Design
Elective 3: Creative Business and Industry
Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) and Profession Ethics
Total of Credits: